17 January, 2009

Windows into my world

Vignettes into the last few months of 2008 (I apologize for the references to bodily functions, but it is my life right now):

In a 24-hour period:

While I was in the
shower, Bridger came into the bathroom looking like a chimney sweep. He had slipped while jumping on the couch and dumped a plant on his head and all over the couch.

Asher was messing around with a full jug of cider and dropped it down the stairs where it shattered and splattered all the way down the stairwell.


Eilidh had a volcanic blowout all over the carpet and then rolled in it.


In a one-hour period:

Bridger coughed, gagged and puked on the kitchen floor.
Asher pooped on the dining room floor (he claimed he thought it was going to be a toot).

Eilidh peed on the changing table.


In a five-minute period (Ryan needed my help finding something downstairs):
Bridger spilled grape juice and wiped it up with a white dish rag.

Asher got himself off the toilet after pooping and wiped himself with the handtowel.

Eilidh dumped a bowl of cereal on the flo
or.

It's really amazing the amount of cleaning up that encompasses my life right now. One minute of time away can equal so much residual damage. But, good things, as well as the unfortunate ones, tend to come in threes.


So what happened this week?

Bridger asked to pray for every meal and gave really insightful thoughts.

Asher wore underwear all week with no accidents.

Eilidh clapped and girgled and smiled every time I looked at her.


How about today?
Bridger drew me a picture of he and I holding hands and wrote, "mommy, you are the best mommy" on it
Asher gave me a sweet hug and said, "I love you, mommy"
Eilidh waved at me and said, "ha" which is sort of like, "hi"

It's all worth it. Someday I'll be only cleaning up after myself and I'll miss the air-dried mac and cheese stuck to the floor because it means that my little ones have grown.

3 comments:

Amy from Occupation: Mommy said...

Funny and sweet all at once! And what beautiful photos. Did you take them?

Anonymous said...

rachel, what is this about working full time? Outside the house or inside the house? thanks sooo much for the beautiful christmas photos! Are you all coming to philly this summer? i don't think an "out west" trip is planned this time but maybe in 2 summers:( thanks for the laugh! bless you sister, mardel

chaps said...

Next time you have a day like that, cheer up by thinking about how much you will entertain us on the blog! Josh laughed hysterically when I read this to him.